Wednesday 25 July 2012

Five of my favourite organising products

If we had The Container Store in the UK, it would be heaven! But we don't . There are still great organising products available in the UK, however, so I thought I'd do a post of my favourites. I use all of these products in my home (some of them are quite old, so I have linked to newer versions), and I haven't been paid or asked to recommend any of them - I just love them and want to share!

1. Vacuum Tote Bags

 

These are from one of my favourite shops - Lakeland. I have the standard sized one, and plan to buy the jumbo one soon. Unlike some of the vacuum storage bags on the market, these ones don't re-inflate in the cupboard while you're not looking! They are basically a vacuum storage bag inside a zip-fastened tote bag, with straps to 'hold' the storage bag. Worth the money, in my opinion, and useful for storing out of season clothes, duvets, pillows and bedding and anything else soft and squishy (soft toys?) that you can think of.

2. Corner Plate Rack

 

I know, exciting, right?! I've had mine for about 25 years, again from Lakeland. Mine are that plastic coated metal, but now they are fancy pants chrome. It's much easier to get plates out from this than one huge stack.

3. Label Maker

 

One of the organising bloggers most important tools - mine is a Dymo LetraTag, and has been very handy for labelling boxes, containers, files and folders over the years.

4. Drawer Dividers

From Lakeland, obviously. They're not paying me, I promise! These are called an '8 piece interlocking bin set'. Catchy. I have an older, similar set, which I use for my make up drawer, as seen in this post.

5. Ecloths Window Pack

Not strictly organising, but I am a complete convert to these microfibre window cleaning cloths. The cheaper imitations I haven't found as good for window cleaning. Just warm water and a wipe over with the waffly cloth, then I use a squeegee to get most of the water off the window, polish with the polishing cloth and hey presto, super clean windows (or mirrors). You don't have to use the squeegee, but if you're cleaning a lot of windows (it's very nearly fun with these things, you might get carried away) the polishing cloth will get wet more quickly and then it doesn't polish effectively.


So that's it, five of my favourites. What are your favourite organising products?

Happy decluttering!

Lemons xx

No comments:

Post a Comment